North American Swiss Singing Alliance Sängerfest 2018
The next Sängerfest will be held in Toledo, Ohio, June 28-July 1, 2018, with performances at the historic Valentine Theater.
Swiss Singing Societies in North America
The Helvetia Männerchor and Edelweiss Damenchor are members of the North American Swiss Singing Alliance (NASSA), founded in 1897 to promote Swiss singing throughout the United States and Canada.
The following links point to the other societies in NASSA:
- Toledo Swiss Singers, Toledo, Ohio
- Schweizer Männerchor Helvetia of Allegheny City (Pittsburgh), Pennsylvania
- Milwaukee Swiss Singers, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Monroe Swiss Singers, Monroe, Wisconsin
- Jodlerklub New Glarus, New Glarus, Wisconsin
- Männerchor New Glarus, New Glarus, Wisconsin
- Jodlerklub Heimattrau, Calgary, Alberta
- Wildrose Yodel Club, Central Alberta
- Edmonton Swiss Men’s Choir, Edmonton, Alberta
- Montagna Singers, Ottawa, Ontario
- Schweizer Jodelfreunde Ontario, Thames Valley, Ontario
- Swiss Choir Thames Valley, Thames Valley, Ontario
Swiss Government and Culture
- Swiss Federal Government site
- The Swiss Center in New Glarus, Wisconsin, is the North American library and museum that serves to educate and celebrate everything Swiss.
- Rocky Mountain Alphorns. Includes links on alphorn lore.
- Swiss-Austrian Jodeling
Schwyzerdüütsch (Swiss German)
- Dicziunari Romansch Grischun. This site documents the creation of a definitive Romansch dictionary.
- University of Freiburg site on Romansch language and culture. It is in German, French, and Italian, but not English.
Germanic Singing Societies in Central Ohio
The Germanic singing societies are federated into the United German Singing Societies of Central Ohio (UGSS).